Home | Sitemap | Contact Us | Translate
Mrs. Linda Johns welcomes you to 6th grade!
This will be year 39 in education for me, but my first teaching experience in Farwell. Yes, that is a very long time! Most of my teaching career has been in Portales, New Mexico with part of one year teaching in Seminole, Texas.
Aside from my passion of teaching, my family and my faith are two of the most important things to me. My wonderful, supportive husband, Ronnie, and two beautiful daughters, Kaleigh and Kelsey, are my gifts from God. We enjoy playing family games and would love to travel more and visit new places. I look forward to an exciting new adventure teaching in Farwell this school year.
1st 8:05-8:50 Social Studies
2nd 8:54-9:39 Conference
3rd 9:43-10:28 Social Studies
4th 10:32-11:17 Social Studies
5th 11:21-12:06 Lunch
6th 12:10-12:40 Blue
7th 1:17-2:02 Keyboarding
8th 2:06-2:51 Keyboarding
9th 2:55-3:40 Keyboarding
"The study of Social Studies seeks to arm American citizens with knowledge about the world, nation and society around them."
With that goal in mind, we will study people, places, and events through the study of World History and geography.
In social studies, there are eight different strands that the TEKS are classified by:
1. History - The people, places, and events
2. Geography - How people affect the planet, how people affect people, and how
the planet affects people
3. Economics - How people/governments create/lose wealth
4. Government - How different types of governments are created, how they operate,
and how they change over time
5. Citizenship - How people in different societies participate in government
6. Culture - How different societies live and interact with other societies
7. Science, Technology and Society - How advancements in technology, science,
and medicine affect societies
8. Social Studies Skills - How to develop research, reading, thinking, writing, and
Get In Touch
Farwell Independent School District
PO Box F | 705 6th ST | Farwell, TX 79325-235
Phone: 806.481.3371 | Webmaster
Business Hours: Monday-Friday | 8:00 am.- 4:30pm.
Copyright © 2016 - Farwell Independent School District
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM